CURRENT NUMBER OF OPENINGS: WE ARE CURRENTLY FULL, BUT KEEP APPLICATIONS ON FILE. CALL FOR REFERRALS.
- Female between the ages of 18-25.
- Aging out of foster care or homeless for other reasons.
- Can manage mental health issues with medication and outpatient treatment.
- Able to pass drug test.
- Single: we are unable to house women with children or women that are pregnant, but can work with a mother if child has an alternative safe place to stay.
- Looking for long-term solutions instead of short-term fixes.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Blake’s House will set up an interview based on your application or provide referrals.
The Interview—During this time we will get to know you (your goals, your needs, and your support system), as you get to know us (our house, our staff, and our program structure).
Application Gathering—After the interview, we will gather any additional information we need to make an informed decision (reference checks, obtaining records etc).
Informed decision—We will make an informed decision based on the information gathered and call you in a timely manner. If denial is given, we will provide additional referrals and work with you to find the best fit.
NOTE: The average length of time between application and move-in for most residents is approximately 2 weeks.